Click to Call
Retcho Agency Inc

308 Harrington Ave,
Closter, NJ 07624

Get Directions

Questions You Should Ask Yourself When Shopping For Auto Insurance

When it comes to buying auto insurance, it can be more difficult than you think, especially if you have never purchased it before. In order to find the best insurance plan, it is recommended to shop around. However, you should not walk into this process blindly. There are certain questions you should ask yourself when you shop for car insurance. Here is a list of some of them:

Questions You Should Ask Yourself When Shopping For Auto Insurance

  • What types of coverage do I need? Your choice of coverage depends on your personal circumstances. For example, if you have enough savings in your account for repairing your car in case of an accident, then you may decide that you do not need to spend money on comprehensive coverage, for example. However, if you live paycheck-to-paycheck, you may want to purchase more coverage for better protection. 
  • What deductible should I choose? If you are involved in a car accident, you will have to pay the fixed amount first before your insurance kicks in. This amount is called the deductible. If you want to lower your monthly premium, you should consider raising your deductible. And opposite, a lower deductible means that you will have to pay more for your insurance every month. 
  • Am I qualified for any discounts? Often, insurance companies offer discounts. Usually, discounts are given for being a good driver, parking your car in a garage, owning an eco-friendly vehicle, and so on. You should contact an insurance company to find out more about discounts. 

Give Us A Call

If you are a car owner from Closter, NJ or any other nearby area in the state of New Jersey and you are looking for an insurance company to get car insurance to protect your vehicle, Retcho Agency is ready to assist you. We serve clients in Closter, NJ and other surrounding towns and specialize in different types of insurance, including auto insurance as well. Please, do not hesitate to contact Retcho Agency to know more about the insurance options available. 

Will my commercial insurance policy pay for the repair of the burst pipes at my place of business?

Business owners who want legal protection and protection for their assets and employees can benefit from commercial insurance. Commercial insurance provides a wide variety of protection for business owners, ranging from liability coverage to property coverage, and more. Our Closter, NJ team at Retcho Agency wants to help business owners understand how commercial insurance can help them.

What is Commercial Insurance?

Commercial insurance provides both protection and coverage for business owners and their businesses. This type of insurance can pay for the repair of your office building or business property. It also provides coverage for theft, auto accidents, lawsuits, and natural disasters. This insurance will pay for damage caused by fires, storms, and other events. Commercial insurance provides various types of coverage that fall under a commercial policy. Many business owners choose to invest in liability and property coverage. Commercial auto insurance is available if vehicles are used for business. Commercial insurance provides coverage for:

  • Property
  • Liability 
  • Commercial auto insurance
  • Crime 
  • Other optional insurance

Will Commercial Insurance Pay to Repair the Damage Caused by Burst Pipes?

Yes. Commercial insurance pays for damage to your place of business caused by water damage, including damage caused by leaks and burst pipes. This protection is available to policyholders for business equipment and rented or owned office space. Water damage is covered by a commercial insurance policy, but not if it’s caused by flooding. You’d need to purchase a flood insurance policy. However, some insurance companies might offer flood coverage as an additional add-on or extension to your commercial insurance policy.

Contact Us Today

If you have questions about commercial insurance, call us at Retcho Agency in Closter, NJ. We’d be happy to help you explore the benefits flood insurance can offer.

Home Insurance: 8 Types of Coverage You May Need

Home insurance is vital for all homeowners. In the event of a covered loss, it will protect your home and belongings. For expert insurance advice, contact us at Retcho Agency in Closter, NJ, and we can help you navigate this important coverage.

Home Insurance: What You Need To Know

Home insurance can be divided into eight types: basic, broad, special, contents broad, comprehensive, unit-owners, mobile home, and modified coverage. 

  • Basic coverage protects your home against fire, wind damage, and theft. 
  • Broad coverage adds protection against vandalism, water damage, and snow damage. 
  • Special coverage is for unique items such as jewelry or art. 
  • Contents broad coverage protects your belongings inside your home. 
  • Comprehensive coverage includes all of the above plus protection against floods and earthquakes. 
  • Unit-owners insurance is for people who live in a condo or co-op. 
  • Mobile home insurance is for people who live in a mobile home. 
  • Modified Coverage insurance is for dwellings that don’t meet the requirements of any of the above types of policies.

Each type of coverage comes with varying limits on specific parts of your home, so ensure you get adequate levels of protection before purchasing. If you live in an area prone to natural disasters, such as tornadoes, hurricanes, or wildfires, it’s a good idea to increase your limit on each type of coverage that has a limit on it. Retcho Agency can protect you if there’s an unexpected loss when you least expect it.

Give Us A Call

If you’re looking to buy or sell a home, there are plenty of essential factors to keep in mind. Home insurance doesn’t have to be one of them! Retcho Agency in Closter, NJ specializes in home insurance and other coverages, and we’re here to help you choose the policy that will work best for your situation. 

What Should I Do If I’m In An Accident?

If you are in an accident, you should stay calm and try to find out what happened so that you can take steps to prevent it from happening again. If possible, get the driver’s contact information, if they are nearby, or any witnesses’ contact information. 

You can file a report with the police and get a copy of your car’s damage from a friend or family member who can file the report for you. For expert help in the greater Closter, NJ community, seek advice from Retcho Agency.

More Information About Being Involved in an Accident 

Look for signs of serious injuries, such as blood or broken bones. Once you know the extent of the accident, you can decide what to do to help those involved. First, ensure the people involved in the accident are okay, and if not, call the police. Next, try to exchange information with the other driver, such as their license plate number, so that you can file a claim with your insurance company. 

Make sure that you know the name of the driver who caused the accident, their license plate, and the details of the accident, such as where it happened and what caused it. If possible, take a photo of the accident scene and the license plate. Consider these main points. 

  • Stay calm and move quickly to the nearest safe place.
  • If someone is injured, help them as best as you can.
  • Call the police or emergency medical services.
  • Try to get details from the other driver, such as their name, their age, and their license plate.
  • Get the details of the crash, witnesses’ names, and contact numbers and make a police report. 
  • Try to get information about the road where the crash happened and make sure the other driver is aware of the road rules governing that road.
  • Stay in the lane of travel and do not cross the center line. Don’t touch another car or object. Be aware of your surroundings and do not leave the scene of the accident.

These steps will help reduce the risk of further injury and help the police or other authorities investigate the accident. Confer with Retcho Agency in Closter, NJ for expert guidance.

Types of commercial insurance your business can benefit from

Risk comes with owning a business, there is no way around it. Half the battle is anticipating what the risks are and making sure you mitigate as much as possible. Knowing how to determine which types of commercial insurance are right for your business is why you have an independent insurance agent. In Closter, NJ, Retcho Agency is here to help with all your commercial insurance needs. Our team will work with you to customize your coverage. 

Types of commercial insurance 

Commercial liability insurance

If you are only going to carry one type of commercial insurance, commercial liability insurance is probably the one you should choose. Being sued is something that all businesses are in danger of. Whether it is a customer who is injured while visiting your location or by a product you create, a vendor with whom you are disputing a charge or an employee who is not happy, becoming part of legal action is easy for a business. It is also expensive and can put you out of business if you are not adequately covered. 

Commercial Property Insurance

You can have a successful business if you don’t have the things you need to operate your business. When you are hit by a covered peril, you may lose all your tools, your inventory, your machinery, your office equipment, and all the things you need to do business. No business, no income. If you own the building that houses your business, commercial property insurance will also pay to repair the building. This is important coverage for your business. 

Workers Compensation

In New Jersey, if you have employees, they need to be covered by workers’ compensation insurance. If you don’t have workers compensation insurance, you need to be approved to self-insure. No matter what, you have to protect your employees. 

Contact Retcho Agency in Closter, NJ when you need to get the commercial insurance your business needs.


Home insurance FAQs

If you have questions about home insurance, you are not alone. Especially if you are a first-time homeowner, there is a lot of protection involved and you may not be too sure exactly what kind of coverage you have. At Retcho Agency in Closter, NJ, we are independent insurance agents and we can customize your insurance policy to suit what you and your home both need. 

Home insurance FAQs

How much liability coverage should you have?

Liability coverage is a personal decision. The amount you have depends on the number of your assets and the amount of risk you feel you have. If you have a dog, you need to have more liability coverage because they are a liability. You also need to talk to your insurance carrier about the type of breed of dog, some are much more of a risk. At the end of the day, more is better when it comes to liability. 

What endorsements should you consider adding? 

Some types of possessions have limits. The limit traditional home insurance has is rather small if you have jewelry. If you have a good-sized engagement ring, that is about the limit you may have. If you have other pieces of jewelry, you need to get an appraisal and use that to determine the amount of jewelry endorsement you should have. 

Another endorsement is the sewer backup endorsement. 

What type of content insurance should you have?

You have two options. You can choose to replace all the things that you have. With this option, you need replacement cost which does not take depreciation into account. The other option is the actual value. That is what something is worth today. A 5-year-old TV will not be worth the same as a brand new one. 

Contact Retcho Agency in Closter, NJ when you have home insurance questions and needs.


Partner Carriers

  • Chubb
  • Franklin Mutual
  • KBIC
  • Liberty Mutual
  • N&D Group
  • Neptune Flood Insurance
  • Pacific Specialty
  • Plymouth Rock/Palisades safety and insurance
  • Progressive
  • Safeco
  • Shelter Point
  • The Hartford
  • Travelers
  • Wright National Flood Insurance