Click to Call
Retcho Agency Inc

308 Harrington Ave,
Closter, NJ 07624

Get Directions

Home insurance FAQs

Even if you have owned a home for years and had home insurance that entire time, you are likely still not an expert on the subject and have questions about coverage. In Closter, NJ,  you can count on the experienced independent insurance agents at Retcho Agency. With more than 40 years of experience, we are able to give you the benefit of that knowledge as well as personalized service. 

What types of weather events does home insurance cover?

Damage due to rain, wind, snow, ice, hurricanes, and tornados is covered, but flooding is not even if the flood was caused by a hurricane. 

How do I file a claim?

Filing a claim with your insurance company is as easy as giving them a call and telling them what has happened. They will do the necessary investigation. It can be scary because if your home is damaged so badly that you can’t stay there, you need to have a place to stay. Your insurance company will work with you to keep you safe. 

Why do I need a home inventory?

When determining the amount of content coverage you need or will receive when you file a claim, your home inventory will make things go much more quickly. 

What are some riders I may need for my home?

Home insurance has limits on coverage for jewelry, antiques, art, money and gold coins, firearms, boats and trailers, and home business property. To get these items covered, you can add a rider. 

What is owner neglect?

Owner neglect is what the insurance company decides is failing to maintain your home. If you get termites and don’t treat your property, that is neglect. If your roof needs to be replaced, you need to replace it. 

Get The Right Coverage For Your Home

In Closter, NJ and the surrounding area, the Retcho Agency is the place to go for all your home insurance needs. 

Home Insurance: 8 Types of Coverage You May Need

Home insurance is vital for all homeowners. In the event of a covered loss, it will protect your home and belongings. For expert insurance advice, contact us at Retcho Agency in Closter, NJ, and we can help you navigate this important coverage.

Home Insurance: What You Need To Know

Home insurance can be divided into eight types: basic, broad, special, contents broad, comprehensive, unit-owners, mobile home, and modified coverage. 

  • Basic coverage protects your home against fire, wind damage, and theft. 
  • Broad coverage adds protection against vandalism, water damage, and snow damage. 
  • Special coverage is for unique items such as jewelry or art. 
  • Contents broad coverage protects your belongings inside your home. 
  • Comprehensive coverage includes all of the above plus protection against floods and earthquakes. 
  • Unit-owners insurance is for people who live in a condo or co-op. 
  • Mobile home insurance is for people who live in a mobile home. 
  • Modified Coverage insurance is for dwellings that don’t meet the requirements of any of the above types of policies.

Each type of coverage comes with varying limits on specific parts of your home, so ensure you get adequate levels of protection before purchasing. If you live in an area prone to natural disasters, such as tornadoes, hurricanes, or wildfires, it’s a good idea to increase your limit on each type of coverage that has a limit on it. Retcho Agency can protect you if there’s an unexpected loss when you least expect it.

Give Us A Call

If you’re looking to buy or sell a home, there are plenty of essential factors to keep in mind. Home insurance doesn’t have to be one of them! Retcho Agency in Closter, NJ specializes in home insurance and other coverages, and we’re here to help you choose the policy that will work best for your situation. 

Home insurance FAQs

If you have questions about home insurance, you are not alone. Especially if you are a first-time homeowner, there is a lot of protection involved and you may not be too sure exactly what kind of coverage you have. At Retcho Agency in Closter, NJ, we are independent insurance agents and we can customize your insurance policy to suit what you and your home both need. 

Home insurance FAQs

How much liability coverage should you have?

Liability coverage is a personal decision. The amount you have depends on the number of your assets and the amount of risk you feel you have. If you have a dog, you need to have more liability coverage because they are a liability. You also need to talk to your insurance carrier about the type of breed of dog, some are much more of a risk. At the end of the day, more is better when it comes to liability. 

What endorsements should you consider adding? 

Some types of possessions have limits. The limit traditional home insurance has is rather small if you have jewelry. If you have a good-sized engagement ring, that is about the limit you may have. If you have other pieces of jewelry, you need to get an appraisal and use that to determine the amount of jewelry endorsement you should have. 

Another endorsement is the sewer backup endorsement. 

What type of content insurance should you have?

You have two options. You can choose to replace all the things that you have. With this option, you need replacement cost which does not take depreciation into account. The other option is the actual value. That is what something is worth today. A 5-year-old TV will not be worth the same as a brand new one. 

Contact Retcho Agency in Closter, NJ when you have home insurance questions and needs.


Partner Carriers

  • Chubb
  • Franklin Mutual
  • KBIC
  • Liberty Mutual
  • N&D Group
  • Neptune Flood Insurance
  • Pacific Specialty
  • Plymouth Rock/Palisades safety and insurance
  • Progressive
  • Safeco
  • Shelter Point
  • The Hartford
  • Travelers
  • Wright National Flood Insurance